Of all of the songs on our last playlist this is the song I keep playing over and over on my radio and in my head. It’s been a long hard six weeks for my Dad and for all of us who love him and the lyrics resonate with me.
Mama always said to me the very best medicine is gratitude
It’s not what you don’t have, but what you do
I must admit that I forget that life’s a gift
Hey mama, gonna change my attitude
With that in mind I am trying to remind myself of all of the good that surrounds me daily. Here is what I am thankful for today:
1. I am grateful my Dad is a fighter and my Mom is a warrior.
2. I am grateful for extra time spent with my Mom and Dad.
3. I am grateful for all of the caring and knowledgable hospice people who have graced our path. Those people are serious angels.
4. I am grateful for a husband and kids who understand and support me so I can be where I need to be.
5. I am grateful for family coming together as a team and for group texts that are sad, funny and uplifting (often all at the same time).
6. I am grateful for neighbors and friends who help us pick up the slack.
7. I am grateful for my new car that gives me a little thrill every time I drive it. (And I’ve been driving it a lot lately!)
8. I am grateful that mother nature is giving us some vitamin D and how sun on my face lifts my spirits.
9. I am grateful for chocolate.
Of course there is so much more but this is just a good start to the list. Check out the Hawk Nelson video below. Maybe it will inspire you to start your own list too!
Please note that blog posts are going to be light until I figure out which way is up. Thanks for understanding!